I arrived at the American Fork Hospital at 11:00. I was taken back to get prepared for my surgery. My mom was working and was there with us the whole time, what a blessing. Scott's parents arrived shortly after. I was unsure what the protocol would be. Would I get to hold him, see him, what was going to happen? Everyone I asked wasn't sure. My mom was on the phone trying to get a hold of the social worker to see if he could get me some answers. My nurses thought that I was there for a D&C. They had me consent for a D&C. I was so unsure of what was actually happening. I thought I was having a C-Section. They put me on the operating table (I was just having general anesthesia), and I told them that I didn't want to be put out until I could talk to my doctor. My doctor came in and said, Kristen there has been some sort of miscommunication, but you know what I am doing so don't worry. We are doing a C-Section just like we talked about. I was relieved and still concerned. I asked if I would get to see my baby. He said as long as everything went perfectly, he would be waiting for me in my room. I would get to spend as long as I would like with him and he said he would send someone up to do hand molds and take pictures. That is the last thing I remember until I was awoken with lots and lots of pain. The first thing that I asked the nurse was, am I going to get to see/hold my baby. She said yes, they have already taken him up to your room. He is waiting there for you.....In the mean time, this was my 5th C-Section, so I knew what I was in store for, but I usually have a spinal/epideral and I didn't this time. Thank heavens for those because they keep you away from the pain for quite a while. They gave me some drugs to help with the pain, and then took me to my room. This is where I got to meet my sweet angel baby, Lee Beck Johnson. We had decided that if had a boy we were going to name him Lee. It is a family name on both sides of our families. My mom's middle name is Lee, Scott's mom's middle name is Lee, her dad was Lee, and my mom's Grandpa was Lee. It was the perfect name for him. We had not decided on a middle name. We were sitting there and Scott said let's name him after Beck. So that is where we got his beautiful name. I cannot describe to you the next few hours. They were sad, happy, peaceful, aweful, wonderful, but above all spiritual. I miss Lee, I am sad, and I can't wait to be with him again. I love him! We got to have him in our room as long as we wanted, and could bring him back in whenever we wanted for as long as we were at the hospital. We shared his first day with my mom, Bob and Linda, Jodi, My Grandparents, and Us. We had decided not to let my kids see him, I thought they did understand. Boy was I wrong. Lucy was really struggling. It was all she could talk about, she was drawing pictures, crying, etc. So, after some wise advise from my Bishop, we decided to let her hold him. I am so glad we did. It was just what she needed.
I forgot. While we were there a very sweet lady came in and did hand/foot molds, footprints/handprints, took tons of pictures, etc. These are his footprints...
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Lee Beck Johnson--Part 2
Posted by KristenJohnson at 3:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment